Collapsible Water Tank for Water Changes

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've been looking online for a collapsible water storage tank for water changes. This is just to save space in my apartment. Does anyone have collapsible water storage tanks and would recommend one for me to buy? I've been searching online quite a lot and haven't really found one. I'm looking for one that is >20 G.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. I appreciate it. This is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you. Do you use/have used this before?
no, not for anything with saltwater. As long as you don't use it to keep water inside long term, and you keep it away from sharp things, it should be okay. In addition, its a bladder, and can be hard to hold as it will shift and does not maintain its shape.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, not for anything with saltwater. As long as you don't use it to keep water inside long term, and you keep it away from sharp things, it should be okay. In addition, its a bladder, and can be hard to hold as it will shift and does not maintain its shape.
Good to know, would 24 hours be too long? Thanks again.

Eh, they do the job. Downside they are self supporting so that part is kinda a pain.
Yeah, this is definitely better than what I was able to find. So I would need something to prop it up when I'm filling it with RODI is what your saying?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, this is definitely better than what I was able to find. So I would need something to prop it up when I'm filling it with RODI is what your saying?
24 hours a few time with freshwater? should be fine. 24 regularly or 24 hours with saltwater? that could lead to some issues.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That was my experience. They are semi rigid so they stay together at first, but as you use them, they kinda go limp, lol.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be 24 hours for saltwater.
ehh... you could, but there'd be risks. and remember, you cannot mix inside of a water bladder, theres no way to fit a pump inside. Better to get a container imo, simpler, safer and easier than a 167lb bladder of saltwater

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ehh... you could, but there'd be risks. and remember, you cannot mix inside of a water bladder, theres no way to fit a pump inside. Better to get a container imo, simpler, safer and easier than a 167lb bladder of saltwater
Yeah, probably right.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are also portable koi tanks roughly the same size. I bought one a few years ago when I moved just in case my tank's arrival was delayed. Didn't have to use it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back