OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upgrade tank is in full motion! I picked up an IM 30-gallon tank as an upgrade for my dorm tank. And I've finally decided to show it off to everyone here on this thread!

Hardware:
IM 30L tank
2 syncra 1.0 pumps
1 AI prime
Filter socks
Chemipure
Custom lid

Stocking:
2 Ocellaris Clowns
Midas blenny
Orchid dottyback
orange spotted goby
mandarin dragonet
cleaner shrimp
pistol shrimp
CUC

The story of this tank was an impulse buy. The fish in the 13-gallon I noticed weren't swimming a lot and very crowded so I knew I needed to upgrade soon. Then the tank I ended up buying was set up as a rescue for a mandarin dragonet that I purchased for half off because it was half dead and gave him a shot. After 2 months he was eating frozen food and was becoming more and more active and grazing all day. Then I decided to move over the other fish and corals from the other tank! So far it has been running for 3 months now and all is well I will have more details later but I just wanted to introduce you to the next steps in the college dorm tank!
30 gal.jpg
blennny.jpg
acans.jpg
dottyback.jpg
goby.jpg
IMG_6270.jpg
zoas.jpg

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo I absolutely loved the 13.5 gallon, but this was definitely a worthy upgrade! Also nice you got a mandarin on frozen food!

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo I absolutely loved the 13.5 gallon, but this was definitely a worthy upgrade! Also nice you got a mandarin on frozen food!
It was a nice little tank, but I find myself enjoying this one much more. The mandarin now eats newly hatched brine courtesy of a professor on campus! The 13.5 is still up but housing an engineer goby fry and is an absolute sludge bucket because I’ve been neglecting it. Considering taking the goby out and doing a deep clean over the summer and trying to make it look good again

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back