College Reef Tank

Foxy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I finally found your tank build!!! Good to see you've started your cycle! I'm excited to see the progression of your tank

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next week I'm going to get two thirty gallon containers, sorry for the bad pic and it's not specific, but this is basically what I'm planning to do. When I build it I'll take pics and post all the steps. It's going to be as compact as possible
aecd45b1ca40b0673f899513082eaaa8.jpg

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to paint the pipes black and the fitting yellow for GaTech colors [emoji57]

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very close to finishing my sump/fuge design and then I'll share it [emoji33]
8e0ff62b3adee8c494df675b57470e52.jpg

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D I'm also a college reefer! sadly I leave my tank at home because I found out very quickly the frequent tank moves causes a lot of problems haha

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D I'm also a college reefer! sadly I leave my tank at home because I found out very quickly the frequent tank moves causes a lot of problems haha
I would not be able to leave mine at home, I couldn't trust anyone haha. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to move

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not be able to leave mine at home, I couldn't trust anyone haha. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to move

I got my parents into the hobby so it's no problem for me :D They even have there own tank now haha... We even go on coral hauls on the weekends :eek: I now don't gotta argue with them when I spend to much on corals haha

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my parents into the hobby so it's no problem for me :D They even have there own tank now haha... We even go on coral hauls on the weekends :eek: I now don't gotta argue with them when I spend to much on corals haha
That would be nice but I would never trust mine to look over my tank unless they had been into it for several years I'm very.. Idk the word for it...particular? Idk are y all going to Reefapalooza together [emoji23]

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be nice but I would never trust mine to look over my tank unless they had been into it for several years I'm very.. Idk the word for it...particular? Idk are y all going to Reefapalooza together [emoji23]

nahh we're looking at the fragtoberfest though :eek: its only 5 hours from us so it would be really nice... plus its the day after my parents anniversary haha my only problem is its about a month after the time my frag tank will be setup so I'll wanna load up a cooler full of goodies haha

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nahh we're looking at the fragtoberfest though :eek: its only 5 hours from us so it would be really nice... plus its the day after my parents anniversary haha my only problem is its about a month after the time my frag tank will be setup so I'll wanna load up a cooler full of goodies haha
I've been racing to be ready for Reefapalooza! I'm trying to get everything as stable as possible before and I'm down to about a month now

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your frag tank looks more like an actual tank though, I like the aqua scape it just looks more like a nano reef

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your frag tank looks more like an actual tank though, I like the aqua scape it just looks more like a nano reef

mine? I don't have it setup yet haha my frag tank is gonna be built inside of my dorm room next semester... its a 36" wide x 18" deep and 9" high with most likely a crystal trigger cube sump below it the stand and everything will be built right inside my dorm room. Even got permission from the college to store as much water as I need to pull it off :D

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine? I don't have it setup yet haha my frag tank is gonna be built inside of my dorm room next semester... its a 36" wide x 18" deep and 9" high with most likely a crystal trigger cube sump below it the stand and everything will be built right inside my dorm room. Even got permission from the college to store as much water as I need to pull it off :D
Oh I though I saw something that you put that was going to be your frag tank never mind. Trigger sumps are nice. It's gonna be in a dorm?

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I though I saw something that you put that was going to be your frag tank never mind. Trigger sumps are nice. It's gonna be in a dorm?
yup I reserved a private room for next year :) its twice the size of a normal dorm to give me plenty of space to have everything setup and much more :D

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha, mine is going to be moved in an apartment so I'll have a 75 and my dog in it lol

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha, mine is going to be moved in an apartment so I'll have a 75 and my dog in it lol
I'd love to live off campus -.- to much of a pain for me to bother with it honestly

Foxy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a college reefer too. I got 2 more classes to finish and then I'm done luckily though. I'm setup in a house with my girlfriend though but I rent and will be moving in a year or two hopefully

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a college reefer too. I got 2 more classes to finish and then I'm done luckily though. I'm setup in a house with my girlfriend though but I rent and will be moving in a year or two hopefully

yeah I only have two semesters left then I'm moving into an apartment for my intern before I graduate. My goal is to grow out a lot of corals in a frag tank and my display at home then once I get my own place setup a bigger tank. Then keep what I want or frag it then sell off what ever I decide not to keep to help with the build :)

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a long ways to go [emoji47]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back