Collinslice's 25 lagoon

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on the setup. How are you liking the AI Prime on this tank? I am about to set one up and was thinking about bringing mine over from another nano. Was thinking about adding another or go with a XR30.

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Holy mother of huge clams lol. I LOVE IT!!

Are you having issues at all with micro bubbles. My tank is 1 big bubble, it is driving me insane.

I went ahead and added a Gen 4 Pro over mine. I was about to order a 2nd 26HD when my buddy gave me a smoking deal on his bnib unit. I had one and sold it when I sold my cube. Then just rebought it lol. This hobby, lord I have ticked away a lot of money [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on the setup. How are you liking the AI Prime on this tank? I am about to set one up and was thinking about bringing mine over from another nano. Was thinking about adding another or go with a XR30.
I'm loving the prime. Set it once and haven't messed with it for over 8 months. It keeps the clams happy and me happy as a result

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy mother of huge clams lol. I LOVE IT!!

Are you having issues at all with micro bubbles. My tank is 1 big bubble, it is driving me insane.

I went ahead and added a Gen 4 Pro over mine. I was about to order a 2nd 26HD when my buddy gave me a smoking deal on his bnib unit. I had one and sold it when I sold my cube. Then just rebought it lol. This hobby, lord I have ****** away a lot of money [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
No micro bubbles at all out of mine. And I run my skimmer air vent wide open. I keep the waterline just below my light mount so that may help keep them down

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No micro bubbles at all out of mine. And I run my skimmer air vent wide open. I keep the waterline just below my light mount so that may help keep them down

I will play with mine tonight.. it is driving me crazy

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you lose a lot of flow by adding the spin streams or did you upgrade your pump to offset the flow loss?

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I'm sorry guys I can't believe I just abandoned the thread!

Sadly this tank crashed on me not long after my updates stopped. There's the bottom line but here's the story:

I had my tank on autopilot and everything was going great for a while as working at the marina had me doing almost 70 hour weeks.

One evening I get home and notice the tank is super cloudy for some reason. I assumed I'd lost all my fish again. While inspecting I noticed the clam closing and opening rapidly, but not spraying water everywhere. He was SPAWNING. I immediately did a 10g water change and hit Google to learn more.

Well, clams will spawn in the aquarium basically when something swings big. When they do spawn they will do so for hours at a time. And in my little 25g that was a big problem. I couldn't find an exact number so my only option was to wait it out. (9:30 at night, no local reefer friends, and 1 hour to the nearest lfs which was obviously closed, coming off a 10 hour shift in 90 degree weather, you get the point)

Woke up the next morning to find the clam still going. Everything in the tank was white. I did a 20g water change but it was too late. I had some coral make it, and 2 other clams I had recently added (hippo, and a Maxima) that I was able to bring to a semi local reefer and shut down the tank.

I now have a 120 complete I'm my garage waiting for me to close on my new house! Haven't decided a direction yet, but will def post up a build thread.

Thank you all!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back