Colony Pictures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I've seen you post some colony pictures when you are doing the live sales. Do you think you could post them here so everyone can see what each of your frags could grow out looking like! You guys have so many named frags it would be cool to have them all in one location.

reefstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! I have a nice big order coming from the live sale, and I'm very happy with my selections, but I too would love to see some more colony pics. But it's hard to gauge the way some of these will turn out when they grow out, like the banana boom chalice just to throw out an example. I have no doubt that it is a stunner, as are the frags, but it would be awesome to see some grow out shots so I have some kind of idea as to what to expect down the line after spending that kind of money on a piece.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the quality or beauty of your corals, nor am I suggesting that the pricing is less than fair in any way.... otherwise I would not have stuck it out for 18 straight hours and completely drained my checking account Saturday night/Sunday morning :D

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from my previous visit. I have no doubt everything here is like 4-5x the size of what they were in the pictures.

26082218674_66201271de_b.jpg

26082229724_f0a01dc670_b.jpg

26084144823_8422fe9185_b.jpg

26621984211_f7828657f9_b.jpg

26622014661_322c1f1e8c_b.jpg

26414896590_6e811ed787_b.jpg

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Great pics. You seem to capture the true colors or corals better than anyone. Thanks for posting.
I'm hoping that next time I go I can spend a little more time in the back. Last time it was getting late and I was in a rush.

Wow, ask and you shall receive! Thanks for posting all of these pictures, very nice looking colonies indeed. I hate to ask after you came through with the entire photo album already, but do you happen to have any names to attach with any of the pics?? :)
I just take pictures of the "cute" stuff and don't really write down the names on them (or I would be at the farm for like 12 hours at a time) I'm sure WWC will be more than glad to answer your questions though.

Some of the prettiest sps I wish I could afford a frag though lol
Live sale = Big discounts!

What's the really red one? The first pic in the 4th post
No idea, its just pretty hot :)

reefstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping that next time I go I can spend a little more time in the back. Last time it was getting late and I was in a rush.

I just take pictures of the "cute" stuff and don't really write down the names on them (or I would be at the farm for like 12 hours at a time) I'm sure WWC will be more than glad to answer your questions though.

Lol just the cute ones.... can't argue with your reasoning. Sometimes I realize I've been staring at my 65 without moving for a completely unreasonable amount of time. I can't even fathom how much time I could spend at a place like WWC.

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol just the cute ones.... can't argue with your reasoning. Sometimes I realize I've been staring at my 65 without moving for a completely unreasonable amount of time. I can't even fathom how much time I could spend at a place like WWC.
The first time I went there.... they had to drag me out LOL
I suggest making the trip out for RAP Orlando next year

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I went there.... they had to drag me out LOL
I suggest making the trip out for RAP Orlando next year
Hey Clayalaleona, I heard the dates next year for Orlando RAP is May 6th and 7th. and it will be held again at the Caribe Royale Resort. Very nice Resort. I also heard it might be there for the next 10 years.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome pictures. What camera did you use? Thx for sharing.

JDJP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up their instagram, some really good colony pics. Not always named though

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC any colony pictures of that looney tunes that ya'll had in the live sale? If I didn't have to pay the mortgage, I would have scooped that one up!

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you, it's been on my mind. I just need to make sure I hire my own personal bouncer with strict orders to force me to get on the return flight lol
When I go my friend(who doesn't know or care about corals/ fish etc) is there to make sure I stick to budget and do other things besides stay inside the show all day LOL

Hey Clayalaleona, I heard the dates next year for Orlando RAP is May 6th and 7th. and it will be held again at the Caribe Royale Resort. Very nice Resort. I also heard it might be there for the next 10 years.
I've already booked for next year LOL

Awesome pictures. What camera did you use? Thx for sharing.
These were shot with a Canon 70D and 100 mm Macro, 60 mm macro, and an 18-55 lens

@WWC any colony pictures of that looney tunes that ya'll had in the live sale? If I didn't have to pay the mortgage, I would have scooped that one up!
This is an old one I have from a previous visit, the thing is HOT
23018753649_bfb2f63217_b.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back