Color fade

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone experience color fade in anemones and did you find out what was cause and solution? Have an orange one fade not sure cause because I have done so many chances so not sure which is the culprit:chemiclean, vibrant, hydroperoxide, nitrate supplement, weekly water changes , new lights.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah it would be nice to have some solid evidence as to what causes this. It seems that for every solution that had beneficial results from one reefer experience, there is another who experienced negative results doing the same solution. (Lighting intensity, feeding regiments, flow, etc)

I too have had an orange one lose its color, it was a beautiful specimen that decided to move under a rock one day and didn't peak back out until it had lost a good amount of color and tentacles became shrunken. I am going to try one thing at a time and give it a few weeks before I try something else, in better luck of hopefully pinpointing the reason. I am going to start with lighting as I am thinking it went under the rock to avoid the intensity of light it was getting.

OP
OP
drtrash

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to start with water quality and work backwards, domino effect got away from me

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back