Colorado Sunburst Variant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aggrofish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

aggrofish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2020
Messages
472
Reaction score
351
Location
las vegas, NV
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in one of the local reefing groups someone is selling what is supposed to be a colorado sunburst. When I look at the pic, I immediately think yeah that's a rainbow. I was told it's a coral club sunburst. Has anyone heard of this?
 
So in one of the local reefing groups someone is selling what is supposed to be a colorado sunburst. When I look at the pic, I immediately think yeah that's a rainbow. I was told it's a coral club sunburst. Has anyone heard of this?
As mentioned, unless they have proof of lineage, don’t pay more than what you would for a high quality rainbow (which for me would no more than $75). The rainbows I have now I bought for $25, and they have red, orange, green, white streaking and white speckles.
 
As mentioned, unless they have proof of lineage, don’t pay more than what you would for a high quality rainbow (which for me would no more than $75). The rainbows I have now I bought for $25, and they have red, orange, green, white streaking and white speckles.
Yeah I had an ultra rainbow that I paid $100. They want $400 for this. I think I’ll wait until one pops up on here.
B88DF36E-3830-4978-AD5F-61A79A5D3748.png
 
My advice is to ignore the names people give an anemone (or coral or fish for that matter), and just pick a bubble tip you like the look of and think is worth priced offered...
It's all overpriced. Just sayin! Wait for a frag and grow it out.
 
It's all overpriced. Just sayin! Wait for a frag and grow it out.
I know a reefer that tries to kill his rainbows with a wet dry vacuum... so yeah u don't have pay much or anything if u look around locally..
 
Agreed it’s all overpriced but it hurts less when I overpay for something in demand that grows and splits because I can make my money back.
True, but it's only worth as much as someone will pay. Thus the risk for livestock.

I laugh at all the folks that buy coral at stupid prices, 10+ years ago there was no market for it. The last 5-7 years the instatank market blew up with the redsea and waterboxes and thus the 'coral' market was born. The I want it now market will pay for this, and in the end that market is somewhat finite.

It blows me away, folks paying 300 bucks for a year+ old zoa colony with a fancy name, or 300 bucks for a plain Jane BTA nem that looks good under certain light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new