Colorado Sunburst Variant?

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in one of the local reefing groups someone is selling what is supposed to be a colorado sunburst. When I look at the pic, I immediately think yeah that's a rainbow. I was told it's a coral club sunburst. Has anyone heard of this?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in one of the local reefing groups someone is selling what is supposed to be a colorado sunburst. When I look at the pic, I immediately think yeah that's a rainbow. I was told it's a coral club sunburst. Has anyone heard of this?
As mentioned, unless they have proof of lineage, don’t pay more than what you would for a high quality rainbow (which for me would no more than $75). The rainbows I have now I bought for $25, and they have red, orange, green, white streaking and white speckles.

OP
OP
A

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, unless they have proof of lineage, don’t pay more than what you would for a high quality rainbow (which for me would no more than $75). The rainbows I have now I bought for $25, and they have red, orange, green, white streaking and white speckles.
Yeah I had an ultra rainbow that I paid $100. They want $400 for this. I think I’ll wait until one pops up on here.
B88DF36E-3830-4978-AD5F-61A79A5D3748.png

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice is to ignore the names people give an anemone (or coral or fish for that matter), and just pick a bubble tip you like the look of and think is worth priced offered...
It's all overpriced. Just sayin! Wait for a frag and grow it out.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed it’s all overpriced but it hurts less when I overpay for something in demand that grows and splits because I can make my money back.
True, but it's only worth as much as someone will pay. Thus the risk for livestock.

I laugh at all the folks that buy coral at stupid prices, 10+ years ago there was no market for it. The last 5-7 years the instatank market blew up with the redsea and waterboxes and thus the 'coral' market was born. The I want it now market will pay for this, and in the end that market is somewhat finite.

It blows me away, folks paying 300 bucks for a year+ old zoa colony with a fancy name, or 300 bucks for a plain Jane BTA nem that looks good under certain light.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back