Colourful crab hitchhiker

Information of where the crab was caught is definitely helpful. I think it (might) be a red footed crab (Grapsus grapsus) they are found all over but found a few sites that have them in the Gulf of Oman which is very close to Dubai. I did some more reading and the adults lay the eggs in the ocean close to the shore. The babies are darker in color and have the white spots as you described and once they reach a certain size they leave the ocean. I could be wrong but I figured I would take another guess given the new information.
 
Information of where the crab was caught is definitely helpful. I think it (might) be a red footed crab (Grapsus grapsus) they are found all over but found a few sites that have them in the Gulf of Oman which is very close to Dubai. I did some more reading and the adults lay the eggs in the ocean close to the shore. The babies are darker in color and have the white spots as you described and once they reach a certain size they leave the ocean. I could be wrong but I figured I would take another guess given the new information.
+1
 
Information of where the crab was caught is definitely helpful. I think it (might) be a red footed crab (Grapsus grapsus) they are found all over but found a few sites that have them in the Gulf of Oman which is very close to Dubai. I did some more reading and the adults lay the eggs in the ocean close to the shore. The babies are darker in color and have the white spots as you described and once they reach a certain size they leave the ocean. I could be wrong but I figured I would take another guess given the new information.
Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new