Colt Coral Pest?

nasiayam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
584C44BE-0690-4A5A-B0B3-B699D51FE01C.jpeg
IMG_3091.jpeg
Hi Reefers,

So I bought this colt coral few weeks ago, and I noticed that there is somewhat looking thingy next to it, so I though oh maybe that’s his kid or something (don’t judge me please )

But at night I realize it doesn’t scrunch in like the colt. Does anyone know what is that? should I remove it?

Thank you in advance!
 
That's a solitary tunicate (A.K.A. a sea squirt) - harmless filter feeder. They generally don't do very well in our tanks, but if you want to try and help it do well, then I'd suggest making sure it's in a spot where the flow can carry some food to it, and I'd offer it a bunch of phyto and some pods/rotifers.
 
ohh that’s awesome. Thank you so much for the info
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new