COMBINATION OF T5 LIGHTS?

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i'm switching my leds to t5 for some sps.I'm not sure what combination of lights can we use, my plan was to add a actinic blue light and couple of 6500k daylights or 12000k day lights.Will this combo work,if it works which light is better,6500k bulb or 12000k.Or should i do a change in the combination , pls help me out guys.Also my tank is 4x2x2

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big or wide is your tank?
anyway this isn’t as life or death like many will have you believe..yellow bulbs or anything above 4800k does indeed grow albeit “ugly brown” corals and reasonably fast to boot .... anyone that says they wont was born after 1980 ... tank will look a lil ugly tho (understatement)

all jokes aside: for 4 bulbs (all ATI of course). 2x blue special 1x Actintic 1x purple
6 bulbs 3x blue sp 1x Actinic 1 purple 1 bulb your choice (whatever works for you)

OP
OP
Y

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big or wide is your tank?
anyway this isn’t as life or death like many will have you believe..yellow bulbs or anything above 4800k does indeed grow albeit “ugly brown” corals and reasonably fast to boot .... anyone that says they wont was born after 1980 ... tank will look a lil ugly tho (understatement)

all jokes aside: for 4 bulbs (all ATI of course). 2x blue special 1x Actintic 1x purple
6 bulbs 3x blue sp 1x Actinic 1 purple 1 bulb your choice (whatever works for you)
ati aren't available in india actually ,tat's my mega problem, only daylight[white]and actinic is available

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find the bulbs you find visually appealing and mix with blue plus.

If you dont care get all blue plus.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i'm switching my leds to t5 for some sps.I'm not sure what combination of lights can we use, my plan was to add a actinic blue light and couple of 6500k daylights or 12000k day lights.Will this combo work,if it works which light is better,6500k bulb or 12000k.Or should i do a change in the combination , pls help me out guys.Also my tank is 4x2x2
Get the 8 bulb ATI Sunpower fixture (17.5" wide) for your 2' wide tank.
Use only one 65000K GE bulb in the combo at first to see if you would like. ATI Blue Plus is amazing. I would get 4 to 6 Blue Plus bulbs in the combo and at least one True Actinic in there. See... it's just impossible to tell you the combo because it's about your personal preference. T5s are easy and will work with basically any combo. Easier to have a bluer tank than with too many "whites".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the 8 bulb ATI Sunpower fixture (17.5" wide) for your 2" wide tank.
Use only one 65000K GE bulb in the combo at first to see if you would like. ATI Blue Plus is amazing. I would get 4 to 6 Blue Plus bulbs in the combo and at least one True Actinic in there. See... it's just impossible to tell you the combo because it's about your personal preference. T5s are easy and will work with basically any combo. Easier to have a bluer tank than with too many "whites".
bluer tanks are my go, i just feel so unfortunate that these brands aren't available in india.my led is done and with these travel bans i'm not able to import them too,really stuck.atleast i should get t5s for my acros to survive and grow temporaryly then after travel bans are over, i will should get those lights

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bluer tanks are my go, i just feel so unfortunate that these brands aren't available in india.my led is done and with these travel bans i'm not able to import them too,really stuck.atleast i should get t5s for my acros to survive and grow temporaryly then after travel bans are over, i will should get those lights
Without using the bulbs available there I prefer not to recommend them because in the end those "spectrum Ks" are only a color reference for each brand. Try to compare the spectrum charts of the brands they sell there and see what would come close to what you wish. Good luck!

OP
OP
Y

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without using the bulbs available there I prefer not to recommend them because in the end those "spectrum Ks" are only a color reference for each brand. Try to compare the spectrum charts of the brands they sell there and see what would come close to what you wish. Good luck!
hmm,i am gonna do that, thanks for the support everyone, be safe, i'll update my aquarium pic after installing the lights

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back