Come on Central VA. Lets see some tanks!

JPGohl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed your post. I was reading Outdoor Emergency Care (for my volunteer gig on the ski partol) for most of the day and did not get a chance to log in. I am going to be at Wintergreen for most of the day on Sunday for a CPR class. Hopefully we can meet up later in the week. Please drop me an email to let me know a good time and place. I finally saw those little white bugs in the main tank today, and a small nudibranch. By the time the tank is ready for fish again (around the middle of December) it should also have well establisehd copepod community to feed Mr. Mandarin.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macro? You looking for chaeto? I can give you some. I'm around most evenings. Drop me a PM to get in touch.

Hopefully you didn't see a real nudibranch. They're bad :(

At one time I was a certified EMT Basic! lol

JPGohl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Stuff in the Tank

Hi Josh and all,

I didn't get a pic of the 'nudibranch' but I found a pic on U-Tube that looks a lot like the one I saw. The title of the video on U-tube is "wierd refugium animal - some snail without a shell looking animal" here is the link - YouTube - Wierd refugium animal. Also, today I saw a baby keyhole limpet on some of the live rock. I did not get a pic of the baby, but here is a pic of one of the two adult keyhole limpets that live in my main tank. I think these guys are particularly cool because I have never seen one in a LFS - one just hitch-hiked in on some live rock and I have had them ever since.

Attachments

• Limpet.jpg
    Limpet.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. My Macro is Grape Calupera. Since we are near the coast and my tangs eat it if it gets in the display, sometimes I even feed it to them, I feel it is ok. It also works pretty good. Just had my water tested for the first time in 10 years and passed with flying colors. 0 Phos. 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrates.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macro? You looking for chaeto? I can give you some. I'm around most evenings. Drop me a PM to get in touch.

Hopefully you didn't see a real nudibranch. They're bad :(

At one time I was a certified EMT Basic! lol
Not all of them. :) I still have one Lettuce Nudi still roaming the frag tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back