Come on in and say hello, looking for people who are in the NW Washinton area.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets get this kicked off and do some intro's!

I'm Chris, and I live in Port Angeles WA.

I've been in the hobby for approx 20 years now.

I have a 120g full mixed reef display. For more info on my reef you can click on my tank thread in my signature.

I'm looking forward to meeting new local reefers and maybe doing some frag swapping and DIY stuff.

IPisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Hansville

Hi, My name is Lorrie and I am in Hansville, WA.
Hansville is located on the Kitsap Peninsula, just about 1.5 hours east of Port Angeles.
I have been keeping Saltwater Tanks since April 2009
Currently running tanks are a 90 leathers & lps, 75 mixed reef w/sps, lps & zoas, 54 corner w/mostly leathers, 34RSM w/macro algae, 55 frag tank and a 3 gal pico w/zoas and favias.
Fish & inverts are numerous!
In the works is a 180 which is going to be mainly leathers/mushrooms and a few specific fish. I want trigger, angel and butterfly fish.
Here is a link to my photo bucket page. Many pictures.
2 Saltwater Aquariums pictures by IPisces - Photobucket
Here too, looking forward to meeting everyone on the peninsula.

Last edited:

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the name is Danh (Don) and I am frm Kingston, WA (kinda near Lorrie in Hansville lol)
I started SW some time back in 2005 when I wanted to start breeding bettas again. That was when the wife said "If you're going to start having fish in the house, why not go all the way and have something nice like a saltwater tank" She has no idea what a monster she created with those simple words lol

Anyway, my current tank is a standard 125g which is kind of bare right now since I had a system crash not too long ago. I am mostly interested in keeping SPS corals.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lorrie, I didn't know you were working on a 180, are you transferring one of your other tanks into it?

puravida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm Katrina. I also live in Port Angeles, WA I have been reefing for about 2 years now, mostly a nano reefer with tanks from 10-50 gallons. I am always changing my tank and just recently started my new 46 gallon bowfront. I set it up last weekend so I will be starting a build thread soon. I am looking to buy dry rock and some SPS soon. if anyone wants to do an order let me know.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Katrina, I know of someone here in PA who says they have a whole garbage can full of dry rock. I'm gonna check it out for a few pieces for my 20g and I'll keep you posted. And you know where to come for SPS.....

puravida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh Perfect I need lots of dry rock and i wont be able to make it to the shark reef in a few weeks. Let the guy know I could use like 25 lbs of dry rock. once I know my tank is stable i will be needing lots of frags!!!! :bigsmile:

IPisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, yeah, let me know about the rock too. I have a 180 to fill.
I am only taking down my 55 gal frag tank.
Otherwise no it is in addition to the other 5 tanks....:wink: I know... I'm sick!

Last edited:
OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I'll keep you all posted on the rock, I have actually found another person with some dry rock too.

It's a wonderful sickness isn't it!

wildcatbunch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello

Hi everyone, my name is Jason and I have a 225 gallon that we are slowly converting over to corals. So we have lots of room for stock. If you have extras or want to sell some stuff, let me know. I'm probably the one Chris was talking about having some rock. Although its not much and its bare rock. Hopefully we can all start trading some stuff and ideas.

KrautBurner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

KrautBurner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Katrina, I know of someone here in PA who says they have a whole garbage can full of dry rock. I'm gonna check it out for a few pieces for my 20g and I'll keep you posted. And you know where to come for SPS.....

I could use some too.
Ill be in Sequim/P.A. This weekend

Maybe Skinz will be around to show off his tank

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason, welcome to Reef2Reef! Yeah you are the one I was talking of. The other is Brian, he said he would log on here soon when life wasn't so hectic for him. I need to hook up with you and get a few pieces. My nano is looking bare now.

Hi everyone, my name is Jason and I have a 225 gallon that we are slowly converting over to corals. So we have lots of room for stock. If you have extras or want to sell some stuff, let me know. I'm probably the one Chris was talking about having some rock. Although its not much and its bare rock. Hopefully we can all start trading some stuff and ideas.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Russ, I should be around all day Saturday, my tank looks like a mess right now though. Maybe we could set a time Saturday afternoon and everyone can come up and meet each other?

I could use some too.
Ill be in Sequim/P.A. This weekend

Maybe Skinz will be around to show off his tank

KrautBurner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Russ, I should be around all day Saturday, my tank looks like a mess right now though. Maybe we could set a time Saturday afternoon and everyone can come up and meet each other?

sat is no good for me :(
I work all day,
wasn't gonna head up till Sunday (but will be around Monday and part of the day Tuesday)

wildcatbunch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks chris, having a hard time getting the notifications to work so im late seeing these. get ahold of me some time as far as the rock goes. also, I made my own food and got my new MH lights.
Im heading over to bremerton tomorrow and im going to stop by and see what Eric has, if you need anything let me know. I think thats about it for now. give me a jingle and come get some rock.its a 25 gallon can and its about half full i think. its not great rock, base rock mostly.

KrautBurner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks chris, having a hard time getting the notifications to work so im late seeing these. get ahold of me some time as far as the rock goes. also, I made my own food and got my new MH lights.
Im heading over to bremerton tomorrow and im going to stop by and see what Eric has, if you need anything let me know. I think thats about it for now. give me a jingle and come get some rock.its a 25 gallon can and its about half full i think. its not great rock, base rock mostly.

do you know when you'll be back?

I'm gonna try and meet up with Chris and check out his tank.
and we were thinking of getting ahold of you.

wildcatbunch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really sure. going to chucky cheese for a bday party. 3604607858, shoot me a text. wife just told me party is a 1 or 130. could do before or after. would be great to have you stop up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back