Come on in and say hello, looking for people who are in the NW Washinton area.

Billgax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What field do you work on, mate?! I forget... Sorry to hear about the lay off bro....

thecarmichaels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Hey! Our names are Adam and Chelsie, we live in Port Angeles, WA

We have a 150 gallon set up and are fairly new to all of this. We currently have a pesky BTA that doesn't like light... a lawn mower blenny, a clown fish, a scooter blenny, a couple brittle star fish, a sand shifting star fish, a blue tuxedo urchin and an abundance of snails and hermit crabs. We have some soft corals, not much but are looking to get in to those. We look forward to chatting with you guys!!!

Billgax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have a 150 gallon set up and are fairly new to all of this. We currently have a pesky BTA that doesn't like light... a lawn mower blenny, a clown fish, a scooter blenny, a couple brittle star fish, a sand shifting star fish, a blue tuxedo urchin and an abundance of snails and hermit crabs. We have some soft corals, not much but are looking to get in to those. We look forward to chatting with you guys!!!

Welcome folks! This place is full of intelligent, mostly kind people... a great resource! :)

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam, how's the frags doing for you, they opening up good?

IPisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome folks! This place is full of intelligent, mostly kind people... a great resource! :)

Mostly?????
come on...we're awaysl kind! :D
Welcome to you both, Adam and Chelsie. If theres anything we can help you with, just ask. Including those soft corals.

thecarmichaels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he's kinda been in them all! High low and medium... everytime we put him some where he doesnt like it...now he's moved behind all our rocks and is moving around on the back side of our tanks. its fustraiting because he came with the tank so its not new to him, and we havent changed major things like lighting or power heads.

Billgax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks i've heard different things and i was afraid of the lion stinging the puffer

Lionfish will actually lay their dorsal spines flat in such a way that suggests they're trying to avoid "accidents"... at times. I have had many, and volitans (after taming) seemed to be pretty respectful. The dwarf lions were the ones that gave me a few close calls.

thecarmichaels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we got the suprise phone call that a new anemone was waiting for a home (this was kinda like an adoption) so we said we'd take him (since ours has abandonded ship and is now hidden behind all of our live rock) and our clown fish has started hosting the new anemone!!!
DSC_0380.jpg

thecarmichaels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's the split from the big one at airport garden. He woudln't stop moving around the tank and they were affraid he'd run in to the power head. We love him and he seems happy! Us on the other hand we are not so happy, i got up at 1:45 this morning to find our tank lit up bright as day... weridest feeling in the world by the way. Our Reefe Keeper Lite computer unit quit working.... it's only 21 days over a month old.... grrrrrr..... just when we get things back to normal from when the first one fried itself and everything in the tank.... but the good news is we've been through this before so now we know how to controll our tank manually. But not how we wanted to start off our Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks for sure! My GFI trips for some reason from time to time and my lights stay on or off depending on when it trips.

Back