Comment on my fish list ?

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I currently have a 5.5 sps dominate redsea reefer 250 with the following fish:
1 smallish yellow tang (4" - got while a tiny baby from Hawaii before the export ban), a clown fish pair, a yellow tailed tamarin wrasse, and Algae blenny, and a Royal Gramma.

I am setting up a watebox reef 180.5 (130 Gallon Display), and would like your opinions on some proposed new additions:

A) Herbivores
One spot foxface
Tomini tang
{+ the existing Yellow Tang and Algae blenny); i like to have a bit of detectable nitrates and phosphates, and i think these two additions should help keep algae under control with my other CUC)

B) Wrasses
one Halichoeres: Either a Melanrus, a canary wrasse, or a radiant wrasse
two of the low agression Fairy wrasses
An 8 line flasher wrasse
(plus the Yellow tail tamarin already in the display and the Leopard wrasse in QT (meleagris)... So 6 wrasse... what can i say, i am a wrasse-man!

c) Others
Things i am considering are
Blue throat trigger... bad idea... good idea... they are stunning!
Copperband ... wil not properly do this because of the abysmal record of their survival...
Anthias -> i would love to have a school of anthias that dart in and out of the sps like you see them in the Red Sea... but heard that they rarely do this in reefs... so perhaps not a good idea... any other schooling fish i should consider...

Any comments / suggestions / critical feedback [but don't be a wrassehole] is appreciated. Also, feel free to suggest other fish to add on the list!

Thanks and Cheers!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Blue throat male, colorful but with a copperband. . not sure. Assure copperband is eating or showing interest in food.
Rest of list looks good. Assure to add the least aggressive fish first

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back