Common clam question

William Buchanan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2018
Messages
61
Reaction score
63
Location
Decatur, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn’t a “typical” aquarium trade clam but one from the Atlantic Ocean. I was just curious if it was normal for really small fish to swim around in an open clam like this one
499dfb5bfa0422bfa4b3d534c2874994.jpg
?

Here is a picture of a clam in my sump and one of the molly babies inside its mouth. I look down there and frequently see them swimming in and out.
Does this clam look okay?
 
I don't think clams are supposed to open up all the way like that. I always feel like there is a membrane separating it at least on the sides. (market clams too)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new