Common Star Fish

awwinterfall

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
263
Reaction score
119
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I collect a starfish at the seashore, will it survive a fish only tank with temperatures in the 70's?
 
If I collect a starfish at the seashore, will it survive a fish only tank with temperatures in the 70's?
Probably not. Very few species do well long term in a reef. Even ones that do are a bit of mystery in that we aren't 100% about what they eat. You can always try though.
 
I'd be adding sand to my tank if I was next to the ocean. That's just me though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new