Compact 300W Heater

johnnyphish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2020
Messages
55
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a compact 300W heater for a sump with only 14" of space. 75 gallon display, maybe 95 gallons total system. Any recommendations?

Thanks
 
I would consider 2 150 watt eheim. It looks like they are just under 14”. I’ve been reefing for 3 decades and keep going back to eheim. I would put on an external controller as well.
 
I prefer titanium heaters because they also double as an electrical grounding probe for increased safety. The BRS 300 watt titanium heating element is 10.25" long. It does need to be used with a controller, like an InkBird temp controller:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tita...O4oBBknX3fgeZBj2bL9rfa-Dsix5C-QlpxHvqQqdZPUGc
Is it really? Wow, the Eheim Jager is twice that by comparison.
I would consider 2 150 watt eheim. It looks like they are just under 14”. I’ve been reefing for 3 decades and keep going back to eheim. I would put on an external controller as well.
Have you tried the BRS titanium heaters Fish Fan is using? Seems like they have a lot of traction in reviews. The jagers look no longer listed on Eheim's website as being produced.
 
Is it really? Wow, the Eheim Jager is twice that by comparison.

Have you tried the BRS titanium heaters Fish Fan is using? Seems like they have a lot of traction in reviews. The jagers look no longer listed on Eheim's website as being produced.
I’ve had a couple titanium’s in the past but don’t recall if they were BRS.

I buy mostly from premium aquatics and it looks they still have eheim.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new