Complicated or simple setups, what do you prefer?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
557
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone likes how extravagant reef tanks look with all kinds of different corals and lots of grow out, but they do require alot more maintenance then say a simple soft coral tank. When you get into keeping more complicated setups you have to start worrying about dosing, testing, and keeping on a strict schedule to make sure everything stays happy in your tank. With more simple setups you can still have a beautiful reef tank, just with slightly less diversity and less of a strict schedule. Do you have a preference, or do you like keeping both? I'm a glutton for punishment so I like to have both lol.
 
Animated GIF
 
Simple. All of my tanks are as barebones as you can get aside from automatic ATO’s and decent lights. Most people I know with the crazy set ups have way more issues than I do, mainly because they are constantly chasing numbers on their digital read outs. Or, they get used to everything being automated and then something stops working properly. I just do my water changes regularly and keep salinity where it should be and my tanks are happy.
 
Whatever keeps you happy. I like taking care of my tank and enjoy adjusting parameters to hit the corals sweet spot. However, I got rid of most of the "with caution" and risky fish such as triggers, that mess up the entire setup. Some beautifull fish are totally not worth the mess they make.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new