Concerning Icp results

Maxcito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently did the moonshiners icp test and got an insane amount of aluminum in my tank. The thing is everything is doing well and thriving in my tank. so I’m sure the aluminum is inert…… maybe

I’m 99% sure it’s coming from my marine pure block, does anyone recommend an alternative bio media I can replace my old bricks with?

Icp test and pic of my little reef added for good measure. IMG_3783.jpeg

Attachments

• MSR221864.pdf
    156 KB · Views: 34

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the old ceramic media balls out of my sump years ago and got Dino’s right afterwards. Be cautious messing with the biological filtration.

You might wait for your next ICP and see if the aluminum level is receding on its own.

OP
OP
M

Maxcito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the old ceramic media balls out of my sump years ago and got Dino’s right afterwards. Be cautious messing with the biological filtration.

You might wait for your next ICP and see if the aluminum level is receding on its own.
Thank you! this is exactly what I was thinking. Add new media wait a month if coral doesn’t start dying, then remove the old blocks.

OP
OP
M

Maxcito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is quite high. In my tests, 500 ug/L of soluble aluminum caused leather and mushroom corals to close up.
right! I was like “300! Leonidas and his 300 are coming to take my coral away” it’s surprised me as all coral are happy and extended. That’s why I believe the aluminum is inert. Here’s a pic of the tank this morning.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back