Conditioned fish sold at fish stores

i don’t blame de reef for this I believe ups was rough with the delivery that killed the fish
I'm sorry, my first tailspot blenny from Dr. Reef also arrived DOA, but he helped with getting a new one quickly. I think tailspots get very stressed during shipment. My surviving one arrived almost devoid of color, just the dark tiger stripes. Luckily he made it and colored up nicely. Now spends the day in and out of his barnacles and perching on rocks.
 
I'm sorry, my first tailspot blenny from Dr. Reef also arrived DOA, but he helped with getting a new one quickly. I think tailspots get very stressed during shipment. My surviving one arrived almost devoid of color, just the dark tiger stripes. Luckily he made it and colored up nicely. Now spends the day in and out of his barnacles and perching on rocks.
Yeah it sucks because I was truly excited for this fish with buying stuff for him to live in I think it was too rough of shipment For the little guy was barely an inch I’m not ordering another one if I do go for one I will do the qt process myself
 
Just make sure your QT tank is away from the main one- some pathogens can spread on tiny droplets between tanks. They can also be spread by wet tools, so be careful not to dip anything into the QT and then into the display.

Try the website humble.fish for QT info. That guy's basically the quarantine guy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new