Condy anemone and cleaner shrimps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Garyf7257
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Garyf7257

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2017
Messages
119
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi. I currently have a 55 gallon with a Condy anemone and 2 shrimps. Well I just watched my Condy eat both of my shrimps. Is that normal? Are they known to eat shrimps? I used to watch my shrimps walk all over it and get shocked but they always got away. Now all of a sudden the anemone ate both of them within a couple hours. Any suggestions about what could have happened? I'm lost for words I can't believe the anemone ate both of them. Any help would be great. Thank you
 
Perhaps they recently molted and were more susceptible to it's stings? I've kept the 2 together without issue.
 
Condis will eat any thing that fits in their mouth. That being said shrimp can coexist. Sometimes. Their a crapshoot
 
I have no issues with either the cleaner or fire shrimp and my condy. The cleaner will even steal food from it sometimes.
 
Condi's will eat anything ... agreed ... always feed a Condi , don't let it get hungry and go walkabout looking for a better spot to catch a free lunch ......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new