Condy Nem a big risk?

the.introvertebrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a relatively new reefer (3 months in) and saw a condy nem at my LFS that I really wanted so regrettably without much thought I bought it... it's a very large one and as you can see in the picture attached and it's taken up residence under a cave rock (been there for a week).

I just recently read a bunch of threads on how these will move around a lot and can sting and kill corals etc.

My tank is 130gal

Question time:
How likely will it sting/kill other corals?
Can I still keep this nem successfully with the other corals - ie. can I get it to a point where it just finds a spot it likes and doesn't move so I can then place other corals away from it?

condy.JPG

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question time:
How likely will it sting/kill other corals?
50/50
Can I still keep this nem successfully with the other corals - ie. can I get it to a point where it just finds a spot it likes and doesn't move so I can then place other corals away from it?
Yes and No
Some will stay in one spot for a long time. Others move when you do not want them to move.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has moved in on my BTA and a candycane, but didn't stay long and left no permanent damage. That said, it did go nuclear once when I added H2O2 to combat GHA and released toxins into the tank that killed a few corals and badly stunted most of the rest for a few weeks. So be careful with that. I don't use H2O2 any more for that reason.

IMG_20191128_150650252.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely Anemone. Are sure it's a Cindy but rather another type like a Carpet?

Back