Condy Nem a big risk?

the.introvertebrate

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
42
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a relatively new reefer (3 months in) and saw a condy nem at my LFS that I really wanted so regrettably without much thought I bought it... it's a very large one and as you can see in the picture attached and it's taken up residence under a cave rock (been there for a week).

I just recently read a bunch of threads on how these will move around a lot and can sting and kill corals etc.

My tank is 130gal

Question time:
How likely will it sting/kill other corals?
Can I still keep this nem successfully with the other corals - ie. can I get it to a point where it just finds a spot it likes and doesn't move so I can then place other corals away from it?

condy.JPG
 
...................
Question time:
How likely will it sting/kill other corals?
50/50
Can I still keep this nem successfully with the other corals - ie. can I get it to a point where it just finds a spot it likes and doesn't move so I can then place other corals away from it?
Yes and No
Some will stay in one spot for a long time. Others move when you do not want them to move.
 
Mine has moved in on my BTA and a candycane, but didn't stay long and left no permanent damage. That said, it did go nuclear once when I added H2O2 to combat GHA and released toxins into the tank that killed a few corals and badly stunted most of the rest for a few weeks. So be careful with that. I don't use H2O2 any more for that reason.

IMG_20191128_150650252.jpg
 
Lovely Anemone. Are sure it's a Cindy but rather another type like a Carpet?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new