Condy nem turning green?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a (Free) condy nem from Petco about.. 5 months ago, give or take. It was small and tan/brown.

Over the last 2 weeks, I've noticed the color's turning green.
Last 3 days, it'll shrink to nothing, then expand again.. this is new behavior to me.

Can someone tell me what's going on with my nem? Both color change and shrinking.

All parameters is good (had an alk drop out over a month ago, stable since then)
 
Shrinking and expanding is normal behavior- all nems do it to expel waste and exchange water. I'm sure it's been doing it all along, you just didn't see it until now. As for the color change, it could be a response to a change in lighting. As long as it appears healthy when inflated and doesn't bleach, I wouldn't worry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new