Confirm Tang ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beansell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Beansell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
30
Location
Shawnee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there - I recently picked up this Bristletooth Tang that is still young. I believe it is a yellow eye, but not sure. Anyone able to confirm exactly which type it is? Thanks.
IMG_4458.jpeg
 
Looks like a Blue Eye kole tang, I have one myself, although there is a yellow eye variant with same colour markings
 
Hi there - I recently picked up this Bristletooth Tang that is still young. I believe it is a yellow eye, but not sure. Anyone able to confirm exactly which type it is? Thanks.
IMG_4458.jpeg
I’d say this is likely a Blue Mouth/Lip Bristletooth Tang
 
I think of C. binotatus when I hear blue eye bristletooth, but I believe even small juveniles will have the spots on the tail fin. This one doesn't show them.

Blue lip (cyanocheilus) is a good guess.
 
I’d say this is likely a Blue Mouth/Lip Bristletooth Tang
Agree with this, I have one of these guys. He looks very similar just darker! The blue/purple color on the mouth is the same though. Rarer bristletooth. Love mine!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new