Confirmed Flatworms will host onto anemonies

Daniel Troconis

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
72
Reaction score
23
Location
Rockville
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had to remove a 3mm flatworm away from my Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone, very odd but it came off very easily with a turkey baster.

I wish I had taken a photo but I was too surprised to document the situation, has anyone experienced similar issues?
 
Photos would have helped. Generally where there is one, there are more with flatworms. They also lay eggs which lead to infestations.
 
I will run Flatworm Exit this time three times, once a week every Sunday before a water change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new