Confused about Space Monsters?!?!?

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me or are there two different Space Monster palys out there?

There seems to be one with a lot longer brown skirt and pink body shown in the link below:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/64589-le-paly-zoas-cherry-charm-time.html

Another morph that has a short yellowish skirt with a more vivid pink body shown in the link below:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zo...just-wanted-share-pic-my-spacemonsters-3.html

I've seen both morphs in person and they deffintely do look different. I used to own the shorter yellow skirt SM until it recently melted away. Anyway, I've been try to replace it, but it seems like people are talking about two different types of Space Monsters both originating from Gonzo!

Someone please clarify this for me :squigglemouth::squigglemouth:. Thanks in advance!!!

By the way, if anyone has the short yellow skirt SM for sale, please pm me. I'm looking for multiple polyps depending on price.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the original ones had the longer skirts,BUT zoas and palys will show long and short skirts in differant tanks due to various conditions: light,flow,params,etc.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can assure you that these are all the same!lol

From what I know Josh only got 1 polyp,and that is the polyp that started it all! They will change in each persons tank for sure!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience lower flow and lower light produces the more vibrant and short skirt Space monsters. However when buying a space monster i have been very wary on buying without seeing in person, there do seem to be a ton of the more brown skirt pale pink center ones than the more vibrant ones. Bubbles_B seems to have the best space monsters ive seen.

OP
OP
W

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience lower flow and lower light produces the more vibrant and short skirt Space monsters. However when buying a space monster i have been very wary on buying without seeing in person, there do seem to be a ton of the more brown skirt pale pink center ones than the more vibrant ones. Bubbles_B seems to have the best space monsters ive seen.

Yes! I agree! That is why I was so confused. I've seen a lot more brown skirt, pale pink ones out there. There only seems to be a few with the the more vibrant one.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on zoas morphin in other peoples tanks I for one have seen my yodas look like Kien's but without strong light they will loose the wild skirt colors and look more like wobbegongs

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back