Confused on what to feed my corals

petarvolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, first of i heard of so many options to feeding corals. Originally i was told to feed AB+. Then i was recommended reef roids as well as phytoplankton and zooplankton. Should i consider use them all ?

I currently have a bird nest, two digitatas, two candy cane, duncan, hammer a torch frogspawn and a ricordea.
The guys with the big mouths ive been spot feeding myses shrimp.
Neither the candy cane nor the ricordea initiate a feeding response from the myses.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, first of i heard of so many options to feeding corals. Originally i was told to feed AB+. Then i was recommended reef roids as well as phytoplankton and zooplankton. Should i consider use them all ?

I currently have a bird nest, two digitatas, two candy cane, duncan, hammer a torch frogspawn and a ricordea.
The guys with the big mouths ive been spot feeding myses shrimp.
Neither the candy cane nor the ricordea initiate a feeding response from the myses.
Feed them fish poop and light.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed them fish poop and light.
Yup — that’s what I do. One nori sheet a day + pellets. My 6 tangs + a few others can provide enough nutrients that I’ll ever need. Fish are fat and healthy - SPS grow like weeds (except some stubborn designer ones). As a matter of fact, my nitrate only fluctuate from 20 to 25 in 3 months.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like I like feeding fish a variety of foods, I also do that to the corals. I feed live phyto two times a day, My swamp mix, which is mixed phyto, artemia, rotifers, copepods. Reef chili, baby brine and whatever fish food falls on them. Aminos a few times a week. My goldenrod is no longer golden because the polyp extension now it is pretty much a reddish brown. My green birds nest I swear I have to frag once a week.
Good flow is also very important and the proper light.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back