Connecting Avast skimmate locker to apex + PAR suddenly quit sensing

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the the Avast Marine skimmate locker with a hookup straight for the apex. I managed to plug it into my ASM control module. I do not know how to set it up and the instructions don't help any. I am not sure which switch the i/o is linked to. They are labeled swx3_2, swx3_3 and so on. The switches only have open/closed but I cannot turn them on or off nor can I do advanced programing. The SWX3_1 is set to open but I am not sure which one that goes to. The ASM module was the one I used for my PAR monitoring. Any thoughts on why it suddenly quite sensing? Around 5pm a day I ago I noticed the PAR dropped to 0.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the the Avast Marine skimmate locker with a hookup straight for the apex. I managed to plug it into my ASM control module. I do not know how to set it up and the instructions don't help any. I am not sure which switch the i/o is linked to. They are labeled swx3_2, swx3_3 and so on. The switches only have open/closed but I cannot turn them on or off nor can I do advanced programing. The SWX3_1 is set to open but I am not sure which one that goes to. The ASM module was the one I used for my PAR monitoring. Any thoughts on why it suddenly quite sensing? Around 5pm a day I ago I noticed the PAR dropped to 0.
Do you have the pressure switch?

It doesnt hook to an ASM, it hooks to a break out box.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you have to figure out which switch port you hooked your pressure switch to.

Then you input the commands to control your skimmer into the advanved control settings in your skimmer.

Like this.

Here you can see from my key that SW2 open means skimmer full.

Then under skimmer commands you see the command:

If Sw2 Open Then OFF
56944f97de5f820ad949e04081a82b81.jpg

Last edited:

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the default state of Sw2, as you can see when the switch is set to closed the skimmer will be on.

ccd3c6a4c26218f51f1a2fc90b6f5abb.jpg

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only have one switch hooked to your break out box then it shouldn't be hard to figure which one it is...they are numbered 1-6.

You can test it by just placing the pressure switch in a glass of water and seeing if the state changes.

I set an audible alarm so that i can quickly test my switches by setting the sane code under my alarm outlet (if sw2 opem then on), that way when im under or behind the tank, i can just activate the switch and listen for the tone (then i know its working).

If you want to know how to make your own float switches or door switches later, hit me up.

I have 24 total switches on my system including skimmers, leak detectors, water level and cabinent lights/alarms.

[emoji12]
8b007cd9dcfa122809b4242cddc8b444.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the one for the breakoutbox.
Do you have the pressure switch?

It doesnt hook to an ASM, it hooks to a break out box.
here is what brs says:
I/O minidin-8 - Connects directly to the Neptune Apex Controllers I/O port or Profilux I/O ports. This method of control will turn the control box into a basic switch in the view of your controller. You can set rules and program outlets to react to the state of the Skimmate Locker just like any other open/closed switch, but it does take the place of an entire breakout box and if your Apex is switch heavy, the bare wire method may be best for you.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the one for the breakoutbox.

here is what brs says:
I/O minidin-8 - Connects directly to the Neptune Apex Controllers I/O port or Profilux I/O ports. This method of control will turn the control box into a basic switch in the view of your controller. You can set rules and program outlets to react to the state of the Skimmate Locker just like any other open/closed switch, but it does take the place of an entire breakout box and if your Apex is switch heavy, the bare wire method may be best for you.
I havent hooked mine up that way. Sounds like you turn 6 switches into just one using that method.

Let me see a screen shot of your available switch positions and a picture of what you plugged where.

OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I figured it out. I located which switch it was by placing the pressure probe in water to trigger it to open. Then I found which one it was. I was able to program it into my apex and it works now.

OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent hooked mine up that way. Sounds like you turn 6 switches into just one using that method.

Let me see a screen shot of your available switch positions and a picture of what you plugged where.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 18.53.48.png

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so here is what you do...get all your switch inputs where you can see them....grab a glass of water and submerge the pressure switch in it and see which switch changes state.

Let me know which one does.

OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I just had a hard time figuring out how to make locate it. I thought I would be able to do an easy configure.

OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I set up text alerts for it? Or do you know a post already made about this?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated above, you can figure out which switch it is by putting the pressure switch in a cup of water or filling up the skimmer locker. There may be a little delay in fusion and you may need to refresh fusion a few times before the switch state is reflected. When the switch is "Open" that is when it is submerged in water or skimmate locker is full, otherwise it is "Closed". You don't do any programming to the switch itself. All the switch does is change between open and closed. What you do is in the advanced programming for the skimmer, (assuming your switch is SW2), add a line "If SW2 Open Then OFF". This will shut your skimmer off whenever the skimmer locker is full.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I set up text alerts for it? Or do you know a post already made about this?
Under your email settings, set it to also send you text messages (if you need more on that let me know).

The command would be

"If Swxxx is open then on".

Where "Swxxx" is just a made up name, for the exact command i need to see witch IO is changing its state when the probe is submerged.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you name the probe "avast"?

If so go into your email switch and add.

"If avast open then on"

Are you using a 2016? Ive never been able to rename my IO switches on my classic...yours appear to have the gear for the settings page...

Cool!!

OP
OP
lilbitreefer

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you name the probe "avast"?

If so go into your email switch and add.

"If avast open then on"

Are you using a 2016? Ive never been able to rename my IO switches on my classic...yours appear to have the gear for the settings page...

Cool!!
I have the new apex. So it is nice to be ablet to switch names

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back