Neptune Apex - Breakout Box - How to identify?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I have a breakout box connected to my Apex. I have had it for a while but haven't gotten around to using it until now.

How to I identify the outlets on the breakout box? This is my "systems" page and my "modules" page.

I can't seem to find it anywhere unless it's just the "Switch Inputs" that I have opened.

Cheers!

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 13.38.42.png Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 13.38.10.png

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I have a breakout box connected to my Apex. I have had it for a while but haven't gotten around to using it until now.

How to I identify the outlets on the breakout box? This is my "systems" page and my "modules" page.

I can't seem to find it anywhere unless it's just the "Switch Inputs" that I have opened.

Cheers!

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 13.38.42.png Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 13.38.10.png

SW1-SW6 are the breakout box Inputs. A breakout box does not have any outlets/outputs.

Example coding on an EB832 outlet (turning off a device if the switch closes) would be:
"If SW1 Closed then OFF"

Example coding a VDM output (going to a specific voltage output if switch close) would be:
"If SW1 closed then 6"

Example coding an alarm output (sending notification when switch closes) would be:
"IF SW1 closed then on"

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye, so the ones opened on picture no. 2 - right?
SW1-SW6 are the breakout box Inputs. A breakout box does not have any outlets/outputs.

Example coding on an outlet (turning off a device if the switch closes) would be:
"If SW1 Closed then OFF"

Example coding a VDM output (going to a specific voltage output if switch close) would be:
"If SW1 closed then 6"
That's perfect, thanks! :)

I will be using them for fairly simple tasks.

1. Float switch in skimmer cup
2. Emergency stop button

Q: Can both switches will use the same "GND" port, right? :)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye, so the ones opened on picture no. 2 - right?

That's perfect, thanks! :)

I will be using them for fairly simple tasks.

1. Float switch in skimmer cup
2. Emergency stop button

Q: Can both switches will use the same "GND" port, right? :)

Correct, the ones opened on pic. 2. You can name the switches and drag the tiles to your dashboard to preview if they are open/closed.

Yes, chain the ground.

Other potential uses include:

Timed feed mode: Press a button to initiate a timed 10 minute feed mode with reduced pump flow and to avoid food going down the overflow. Delay skimmer 2 minutes after this so water level normalizes.

Water Change Mode: Use a toggle switch to easily shut off all pumps and/or alarms during a water change.

Triggering Light Profiles: For lighting controlled via 0-10v, WXM, or MXM, trigger a 10 minute custom light mode to see your favorite spectrum.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, the ones opened on pic. 2. You can name the switches and drag the tiles to your dashboard to preview if they are open/closed.

Yes, chain the ground.

Other potential uses include:

Timed feed mode: Press a button to initiate a timed 10 minute feed mode with reduced pump flow and to avoid food going down the overflow. Delay skimmer 2 minutes after this so water level normalizes.

Water Change Mode: Use a toggle switch to easily shut off all pumps and/or alarms during a water change.

Triggering Light Profiles: For lighting controlled via 0-10v, WXM, or MXM, trigger a 10 minute custom light mode to see your favorite spectrum.
Cheers mate! You are a star, now it's just about getting on with it! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back