Connecting Mitras to ProfiLux?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have my ProfiLux set up for a month or two. It works so well, I decided to buy a Mitras LX7, which is now installed and running. I added the Mitras to my GHL account and onto the app as a separate device. I set up the multichannel control in the light itself using the app.

It‘s all working, but I notice that there is identical light control in the ProfiLux. The light settings also show on the ProfiLux screen, but they are always set to zero since I set the multichannel control in the light. The ProfiLux screen is actually more visible than the screen on the Mitras in my set-up, so it would be preferable if I could set the ProfiLux to control the Mitras instead of having them separate. I haven’t been able to locate any directions on how to do this. Is this possible or is the way I have it set up the only (or maybe the best) way?

Maybe @Ditto can help?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to purchase the PLM-PWC card and install it in your Profilux to control the Mitras via the Profilux. It allows the Profilux to act as the master light and then set the Mitras to slave.

OP
OP
bluprntguy

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to purchase the PLM-PWC card and install it in your Profilux to control the Mitras via the Profilux. It allows the Profilux to act as the master light and then set the Mitras to slave.

Thanks. I think I saw that somewhere, but it sounded like it was only for the ProfiLux 3.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PWC expansion card allows the ProfiLux to wirelressly control the LX7. Instead of the LX7 holding the light schedule, the P4 would now hold it. If any changes need to be made to the schedule it would be done through the P4 itself.

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I use the GHL mobile app to manipulate the LX7 as is or do I need the PWC card to do that? Essentially without the card, I'd have to plug in the mitras to PC via USB to modify light schedule?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need the PWC card to control an LX7.
These fixtures come with a WiFi chip which allow you to access and control them using the app.
We have a video here which shows how it works:

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah ok, thx for clarification. I saw the announcement on the 7204 and thought I read/saw that one of the differences aside from the 2 clusters was that the 7204 was wifi ready out of the box. Was not aware the 7206 also has that same capability. TY!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back