Connnecting inkbird to Alexa/fan

discostew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone able to get inkbird connected to Alexa which in turn hits a switch to fan? I have a smart plug with Alexa. However i can’t figure out how to get the controller temp to go through Alexa and flip switch at a temp. Both outlets on the inkbird308 wifi are connected to 2 heaters so the switch can’t be on the inkbird. Thoughts?

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way i think you could do this is to connect the INKBIRD to the SMARTLIFE app (Not the INKBIRD app) aswell as your smart plug - You can then use SCENES or conditions to control the plug via the inkbird.

Its how i currently have fans controlled by the temp of the inkbird.

kelseytcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way i think you could do this is to connect the INKBIRD to the SMARTLIFE app (Not the INKBIRD app) aswell as your smart plug - You can then use SCENES or conditions to control the plug via the inkbird.

Its how i currently have fans controlled by the temp of the inkbird.
Have you tried setting up a routine in Alexa to trigger the smart plug when the Inkbird controller reaches a certain temperature?

kelseytcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! Have you tried setting up a routine in Alexa to trigger the smart plug when the Inkbird controller reaches a certain temperature? It might be worth checking out. If you still need help, you might want to consider reaching out to Multitechverse. They offer tech support services for a wide range of smart home devices and can assist you further in setting up your Inkbird controller with Alexa.
Ups for some reason not full text posted

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back