inkbird alternatives due to false alerts

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranco is like $80 bucks and a good extension cord less than $20? This is expensive to people? This hobby amazes me... folks will spend hundreds on co2 scrubbers and media rather than open a few windows on a nice day, $900 for a piece of tech that doubles as a light with a short warranty, hundreds on frags, DC pumps when they don't even need to control the output, buy 3-4 inkbirds yet $100 for a lifetime temperature controller is expensive to many?

I have seen Rancos on coolers with hundreds of thousands of dollars of aging beef, greenhouses with hundreds of thousands of dollars of the chronic, etc.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranco is like $80 bucks and a good extension cord less than $20? This is expensive to people? This hobby amazes me... folks will spend hundreds on co2 scrubbers and media rather than open a few windows on a nice day, $900 for a piece of tech that doubles as a light with a short warranty, hundreds on frags, DC pumps when they don't even need to control the output, buy 3-4 inkbirds yet $100 for a lifetime temperature controller is expensive to many?

I have seen Rancos on coolers with hundreds of thousands of dollars of aging beef, greenhouses with hundreds of thousands of dollars of the chronic, etc.
Gotta remember weird priorities, lol. Also the vast majority of new(er) reefers have absolutely no diy skills to even set up a ranco... Also isnt techy or pimped on instagram, BRS, YouTube or the like.

OP
OP
Dweezilz

Dweezilz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just to be on record...I never said anything about it being too expensive. Did someone else? I may have missed that. Obviously it's not all that expensive compared to getting a Hydros or Apex and not all that much more than an Inkbird. I want notifications...that's it. I think everyone gets than the Ranco is an incredibly reliable and solid piece...no doubt.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back