Consensus on maxi-mini anemones danger to fish?

Chasselti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a group of sexy shrimp in my nano tank and I've been looking for rock flower anemones for them for ages with no luck. I've recently come across a few nice maxi mini anemones but I'm concerned for the safety of my fish, which are all nano fish - two green clown gobies and a circus goby. Does anyone have experience or insight into keeping these together?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They 100% absolutely eat fish. WE used to have a really interesting silver one in the store that I run. I watched it eat a damsel, a melanarus wrasse, big bangaii cardinal. I had others "disappear". I've just stopped selling them as they are fish eaters.

OP
OP
Chasselti

Chasselti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They 100% absolutely eat fish. WE used to have a really interesting silver one in the store that I run. I watched it eat a damsel, a melanarus wrasse, big bangaii cardinal. I had others "disappear". I've just stopped selling them as they are fish eaters.

Thanks for confirming. That's the way I was leaning after some internet searching. It's such a shame, there are some very nice looking ones!

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a mini maxi ate my tailspot blenny that ironically i purchased at the above comment's store haha

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a maxi mini and never experienced any loss of fish. I had fire fish, clowns and a Bengali cardinal But, I read that maxi minis are short lived in our aquariums due to the fact that they’re deep water nems and are found in cooler waters than we typically keep our tanks at. Mine thrived for about a year, split then both withered away.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back