Considering building my own tank...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Murr7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Murr7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
264
Reaction score
213
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am planning on upgrading my tank in the future to something bigger. I've been looking into what I want and I'm thinking that I want a shallow reef tank (sps dominate). I'm thinking something like 5-6 feet in length, 20-24 inches width and 18 inches deep. I have worked in the glass/glazing industry for about 10 years and I was thinking that I may want to build this tank on my own. I have the ability to get the glass from a shop at cost and I have all the tools needed to assemble it. I realize that by me doing it myself there wouldn't be any warranty, and it will be time consuming. At this point I am fact gathering to formulate a plan to see if this will even be feasible for me. So anyone with any experience building glass tanks that can offer advice for me I would appreciate it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new