Considering redsea 300XL

ucf_motorcycle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering a Red Sea 300xl as an upgrade to a 32 bio cube.
I like the Refugium ready sump and the price of the kit as it comes. One thing I don’t like is the single outlet on the return. Particularly because I’d like to run dual pumps but I think that can still be possible.

I also considered the Fijicube 81 ext and innovative marine 75 ext. But leaning more towards the Red Sea aquarium. Should I pick one over another?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming for the moment that we're just sticking with the Red Sea 300XL, you have to move up to a Red Sea 750XXL before dual outlets become an option - and this is more due to the heavier turnover requirement for their larger tanks. I would probably also stick with a single pump, because it's not needed and I think you'll run into space constraints in the return pump chamber. I have a single pump on my Red Sea 750XXL and run it @45% - which is more than ideal (I have a spare pump in the event that one ever fails). So a good idea is to pick a slightly larger pump than you need and run it a bit slower.

In terms of the single return outlet in the tank, there are numerous aftermarket Y adapters (Loc-Line, etc.) that you can attach to give you 2 return outlets.

OP
OP
U

ucf_motorcycle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is one pump and it goes out then the tank will die in short time. I’m not sure how you think redundancy isn’t needed. If you leave the tank without a pump for a couple days everything will die.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back