Considering switching to Profilux from Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a person who has used both, and has switched the programming language is different :) Was a bit of getting use to, replacing advance program language with advance program logic but overall very very pleased and would never consider going back. It been stable, a proven track record of backwards compatibility

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a person who has used both, and has switched the programming language is different :) Was a bit of getting use to, replacing advance program language with advance program logic but overall very very pleased and would never consider going back. It been stable, a proven track record of backwards compatibility
Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts on this tough decision. I have read your great post on the subject twice and found it very helpful. Thanks for all your hard work putting that together.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU, I am happy you found it helpful.

New video(s) Are also coming. When I did the switch out it was before the web interface before the app was fully done.

So I am working on a new series of updates showing how things are done in fusion to how it done with the myghl.

I answer quite a few questions in a PM About how apex does x how does GHL do it and want the new series I am working on address some of those questions.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU, I am happy you found it helpful.

New video(s) Are also coming. When I did the switch out it was before the web interface before the app was fully done.

So I am working on a new series of updates showing how things are done in fusion to how it done with the myghl.

I answer quite a few questions in a PM About how apex does x how does GHL do it and want the new series I am working on address some of those questions.
Great news I am sure they will be as enlightening as the posts. Dare I ask you when they will be out ?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to have the first one out in the next couple of weeks. With the release of new firmware coming up I am doing a couple of videos on the changes right after that the first one will be released.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to have the first one out in the next couple of weeks. With the release of new firmware coming up I am doing a couple of videos on the changes right after that the first one will be released.
Great I will keep my eye out fro them. Thanks once again

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's because I wasn't used to something else (first controller), but I don't find the GHL software all that difficult to use. It's pretty much all driven by dropdown menus. It's like anything else, you need to read the resources to understand how it works vice how you may think it does/should. Those resources include the GHL documentation (Programming Guide, Resource Guide and Videos) and also all the great information provided here on the forum by all the various members and GHL.

As others have mentioned, the programable logic does take a bit to wrap one heads around if it's not something your familiar with. But the resources provide for most, if not all, common functions.

I do all of my changes via GCC, and prefer to use it over myGHL, web interface and apps (not there's anything wrong with them, just my preference). So I don't understand all the negatives it gets. If GCC went away I'd have no problem mainly using the web interface. I think the only major item it and the others are missing is the ability to backup your settings. That can currently only be done in GCC.

Also, I have a Touch. So I activate all my feed/maintenance modes through it. But if I didn't have it, I'd use the app. I do use the app if I need switch off a socket temporarily for something.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's because I wasn't used to something else (first controller), but I don't find the GHL software all that difficult to use. It's pretty much all driven by dropdown menus. It's like anything else, you need to read the resources to understand how it works vice how you may think it does/should. Those resources include the GHL documentation (Programming Guide, Resource Guide and Videos) and also all the great information provided here on the forum by all the various members and GHL.

As others have mentioned, the programmable logic does take a bit to wrap one heads around if it's not something your familiar with. But the resources provide for most, if not all, common functions.

I do all of my changes via GCC, and prefer to use it over myGHL, web interface and apps (not there's anything wrong with them, just my preference). So I don't understand all the negatives it gets. If GCC went away I'd have no problem mainly using the web interface. I think the only major item it and the others are missing is the ability to backup your settings. That can currently only be done in GCC.

Also, I have a Touch. So I activate all my feed/maintenance modes through it. But if I didn't have it, I'd use the app. I do use the app if I need switch off a socket temporarily for something.

Thanks for adding a note of your experiences. Unfortunately, I use a Mac so using GCC for all the changes will not be possible. Although I understand that pretty much everything can now be completed through the app ?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, I think the only major item missing is the ability to backup the settings. Which is in the works, from my understanding.

In addition to the app you also have the web interface and myGHL to access and make changes. You have the controller itself as well, but the navigation is not really user friendly. You will need to go through the controller to calibrate the probes and create virtual probes (if you need any).

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, I think the only major item missing is the ability to backup the settings. Which is in the works, from my understanding.

In addition to the app you also have the web interface and myGHL to access and make changes. You have the controller itself as well, but the navigation is not really user friendly. You will need to go through the controller to calibrate the probes and create virtual probes (if you need any).
Thanks for confirmation. Presumably the web interface and myGHL can be accessed through any web browser on a Mac ?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back