Continuous Water Change

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I was curious if anyone did continuous water changes i.e. remove and add water at same time and if so what kind of pump they were using?

Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BoomCorals does something like this. He showed me his setup. Basically he uses a doser to change out a certain amount of water every 10 minutes or so in his frag tanks. Hopefully he can chime in and elaborate more :)

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct I use the Neptune DOS connected to my apex. I tell it how much I want to change per day, and it automatically divides it up into X amount every 10 minutes, 24/7. It pulls out water the same time it puts new water in so your water level is never affected.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same thing with a stenner dual head pump which is designed to do this exact thing.:) One can do this with out the use of any controller and just a digital timer that will turn the pump on and off during the day. It is nothing revolutionary and will only help to a certain extent. One still has to do tank maintenance of cleaning glass and removing food and fish waste from the bottom on the aquarium. People have been using this method for at least 18 years now.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it on my nano with the Jebao doser and it's just not reliable. I'd like to do it again with better peristaltic pumps

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct I use the Neptune DOS connected to my apex. I tell it how much I want to change per day, and it automatically divides it up into X amount every 10 minutes, 24/7. It pulls out water the same time it puts new water in so your water level is never affected.
So do you have the doser connected to a water storage container then, instead of a container of a chemical it would normally dose?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back