Control Noctua fans with Apex?

I just use a a ac to 12v dc power adapter, a molex to sata adapter and the noctua fan controller which can control up to 3 fans and just plug it into the energy bar outlet. All of that stuff is available from amazon for less that 20 bucks each. I use the GHL system but it's pretty much the same concept.


Thanks for the details. However, if I want to connect to the 24V accessory port, how would I do that?
- BRS has the 24V to bare wire cable
- Connect the bare wire to 24v to 12v inverter
- How do I connect the 12v bare wires from the inverter to the Noctua fans which have a 4 pin PWM molex connection on it?
 
Thanks for the details. However, if I want to connect to the 24V accessory port, how would I do that?
- BRS has the 24V to bare wire cable
- Connect the bare wire to 24v to 12v inverter
- How do I connect the 12v bare wires from the inverter to the Noctua fans which have a 4 pin PWM molex connection on it?

4 wires are 12v, ground, pwm, and I forget the last one. In any case I'm guessing here that you would supply power via 12v and ground. Then it would run at full speed. Or you could probably add in a potentiometer and adjust it that way if you want.

Fans are almost silent so even full speed you probably won't hear it. Test it out I guess before installing.
 
Noctua also makes a 24v 120mm fan (2000rpm) that has an IP65 rating. It's black and coats about $30. I might actually buy two of these and connect them directly to the DC24 ports? Just a thought.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new