OP
OP
D

Desert Darthead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a a ac to 12v dc power adapter, a molex to sata adapter and the noctua fan controller which can control up to 3 fans and just plug it into the energy bar outlet. All of that stuff is available from amazon for less that 20 bucks each. I use the GHL system but it's pretty much the same concept.

Thanks for the details. However, if I want to connect to the 24V accessory port, how would I do that?
- BRS has the 24V to bare wire cable
- Connect the bare wire to 24v to 12v inverter
- How do I connect the 12v bare wires from the inverter to the Noctua fans which have a 4 pin PWM molex connection on it?

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks for the details. However, if I want to connect to the 24V accessory port, how would I do that?
- BRS has the 24V to bare wire cable
- Connect the bare wire to 24v to 12v inverter
- How do I connect the 12v bare wires from the inverter to the Noctua fans which have a 4 pin PWM molex connection on it?

4 wires are 12v, ground, pwm, and I forget the last one. In any case I'm guessing here that you would supply power via 12v and ground. Then it would run at full speed. Or you could probably add in a potentiometer and adjust it that way if you want.

Fans are almost silent so even full speed you probably won't hear it. Test it out I guess before installing.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Noctua also makes a 24v 120mm fan (2000rpm) that has an IP65 rating. It's black and coats about $30. I might actually buy two of these and connect them directly to the DC24 ports? Just a thought.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back