Controllable light for Eshopps deskmate?

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys recommend a decent controllable light for the 4.8 gallon desk mate? I want to do a small pico in it with maybe some star polyps and one fish for my son's room, and while the light it comes with is fine, it isn't controllable and I'd like to simulate dusk and down and have a nice night mode for him. I just don't want to break the bank because I'm not going to grow anything challenging so stuff like an AI would be overkill. I thought about a kessil a80 but after the cost of the controller it way too much money for a simple setup. I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a Reef Breeders on my 5 gallon. Mine's freshwater so I don't know how much blue the reef light would have.

Noopsyche is another good one. I haven't used their mini but I have the K7 V3s and a K7 Pro III on my 125. I just recently gave my Noopsyche K7 Pro II to my buddy after I've been using it for about 2.5 years.

Nicrew is another decent one for inexpensive but you may need to use a timer.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I have an AI Prime over my DeskMate, that’s probably too much for just some star polyps. If you can live without ramping up and down, I would suggest a simple timer or smart plug that you can program.
Otherwise, here’s another option:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back