Controller got wet...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Be102
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,043
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so something strange happened and basically the area around my tank got wet. Anyways the connection to the controller was also wet and basically just got fried.. I was wondering what the protocol / what to really do. I have an mp40wqd and I don’t see any damage to the top of the chip jsut the bottom half. I’ll attach pics... can I just buy a replacement controller box? Can I maybe even save some $ and get one without the quiet drive thing and just add the one I have?

B1611072-E566-464E-9C3D-D939F2D2E13C.jpeg


8EC1542A-4195-4B32-96C5-A223376D0D3D.jpeg
 
you should be able to order or find another driver, youll just have to move over the rf module from yours to the new one to retain the wifi pairing capabilities
 
Edit
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new