Controller, Testing & Dosing

Bradley Creek Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my search for the right dosing system I have realized that it will also be important to keep track of tank parameters and dose accordingly more than I am able to do manually. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 and I'm thinking about going with an Apex system for system controller, testing and dosing. There's only one reason I am posting this and its because of the initial investment in this system, $1700 plus on going reagent purchases. Are there any other options with the same quality and simplicity of the Apex system? What is everyone using?

Thanks,

Rob

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex EL but no trident or DOS. I just use a Kamoer F4 wifi dosing pump that isn’t connected to the Apex. The Apex is the gold standard but there are plenty of ways of doing it without it. Find a good aquarium log app to track and graph your test results and get yourself Hanna alk and ULR phosphorus testers along with calcium, magnesium and nitrate test kits of your choice. Alkalinity is the one that you will be testing daily when you’re dialling in your dosing. With a Hanna tester the test can be completed in less than 2 minutes, pop the info into your app and you’re done. Once you have your trends and consumption use an online reef chemistry calculator to set your initial dosing then adjust from there. It all sounds intimidating but it’s actually not that hard.

Back