Controllers??

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if ur gonna hook it to a comp get an apex jr .. if u want a screen get a Reef Keeper Light this both should do what u want although i have neither i would get an apex it is widely considered the best controllers

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the regular Apex, all you need are the cables to connect them (assuming that you are getting LEDs that can be controlled with a 0-10V signal). You can either buy them or make them by cutting one end off of a network patch cable. I'm pretty sure that the Apex Jr. doesn't come with the variable output ports, so with that you'd need to buy a VDM module.

CJ

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bill I could not remember which one you said. Is there anything special I have to get to go with it?
The statement below is correct, If you get the Full Apex you can use the Variable Speed ports to Dim the Led's or you can use the Jr with the Vdm Module @ Around 99.00 for the VDM plus the price of the controller. FYI
Bill

Abiathar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RKL running my 5.5 and it will run lights fine for off/on only. I use it for temp control on my backup heater and for my non-dimmable LED strip. If you want to have dimming capabilities you have to purchase a separate module for it just like the Apex Jr. Depending on the lights you have, they may have a controller specific to them or recommend a specific controller as well.

Steve

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back