controlling different pumps different times in 1 feed mode

Geoology

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I control my return pump time and my power head time differently in 1 feed mode setting? I what the return pump to turn off for 45 mins and the power heads to only be off for 15 mins.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex "If Feed" command has an optional timer parameter where you can tell a device to stay off or on longer than the built-in Feed timer. The Feed A, B, C, D timers are defined under the Misc Setup screen:

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.22.37 PM.png

In my example, if I click Feed A, the timer will run for 300 seconds (5 minutes). Using the "If Feed" command, I can instruct my return pump to turn off during the Feed A cycle like this:

[ReturnPump]
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

The 000 parameter is the number of additional minutes beyond the built-in FeedA timer of 5 minutes. So in this example, the return pump will turn off when I click Feed A, and remain off for 5 minutes as the Feed A timer counts down to zero. As soon as the timer expires, the return pump will turn back on.

But If I change that 000 parameter to 005, then the return pump will wait an addition 5 minutes beyond the Feed A countdown timer, so it will remain off for a total of 10 minutes.

So using the example you requested, if your Feed A timer on the Misc Setup screen is set to 300 seconds (5 minutes), you would use this code to turn off your powerheads for 15 minutes and your return pump for 45 minutes:

[PowerHead]
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF (total of 15 minutes with the 5 minute FeedA timer + 10 minutes extra delay)

[ReturnPump]
Fallback ON
Set ON
If Feed 040 Then OFF (total of 45 minutes with the 5 minute FeedA timer + 40 minutes extra delay)

See my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details and example code:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back