Controlling Kessil with Profilux aquarium computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rene2322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for about 14 years now and I'm planning some upgrades.
I am changing the lighting of my reef aquarium. From a T5 fixture with Dali dimmable to Kessil LED.

From day 1 I control my lighting via the Profilux 3ex. My T5 fixture via a Dali expansion card, my Profilux Simu L via a L-port (1-10V) and refugium lighting via PAB (switching power socket).

I recently bought two used Kessil A360W Tuna Blue's (for display) and a Kessil A160W Tuna Sun (for refugium). Also modified a 3.5 3p audio stereo jack cable by puttig a RJ12 connector at the other end.

My Profilux computer has 3x 2 L-ports available. I'm using L1/L2 for 2 stream groups. L3/L4 for the Kessil LED's for display tank (1 channel for intensity and the other for color).
L5 for Profilux Simu L (need some low level light for sunrise en -set, something the Kessil's cannot do). Kessil has a big gap between light off and it's lowest level on.

My question:
(I don't want to try it just because I'm afraid of breaking something.)
Can I use L6 (1 channel) for only adjusting the intensity of my refugium LED and using a preset color (by adjusting the knob), or do I necessarily need 2 channels, even if the second channel isn't used for controlling (static setting)?
In the latter case I need an expansion card.

So, when using a 3.5mm jack plug for controlling the Kessil, is it possible to only control the intensity channel, or does inserting the 3.5 plug result in the two buttons on the unit being ignored?

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, when using a 3.5mm jack plug for controlling the Kessil, is it possible to only control the intensity channel, or does inserting the 3.5 plug result in the two buttons on the unit being ignored?
It is more a question for Kessils owner - but I think it is that way - they will be ignored. But there is always a work around. Do you use GHL break out box?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
R

Rene2322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is more a question for Kessils owner - but I think it is that way - they will be ignored. But there is always a work around. Do you use GHL break out box?

Sincerely Lasse

No, I don't have a break-out box. I was under the impression that this is nothing more than a simple junction box. I think it is just a pcb with a few traces between the screw terminals and the RJ12 connectors. All this neatly in a housing.

Once you plug into the 1-10V port on the Kissel your going to loose control of the knobs.

Thanks. Then I think I will just operate (schedule) the Kessil unit on the switched socket.

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto The only cable that I see on BRS is with the ends that match is attached to my reply. Is this the correct one?
C50F09F9-2648-445D-908A-BF2D30D35225.jpeg

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto The only cable that I see on BRS is with the ends that match is attached to my reply. Is this the correct one?
C50F09F9-2648-445D-908A-BF2D30D35225.jpeg
Hi,

No, Apex = RJ45
Profilux = RJ12

Also not same pinout.

You can buy it and cut the RJ45 end, buy a GHL breakout box and rewire in it.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy it and cut the RJ45 end, buy a GHL breakout box and rewire in it.
It is exactly what i have done with all of my Apex ready 1-10 V equipments. Inside that cable - it is only 1 plus and 1 minus thread. 1 break out box can handle four independent equipments.

Sincerely Lasse

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought that cable cut the rj45 off and plugged it into the breakout box.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back