controlling leds?

metalmagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i havent made a purchase yet but i would like to buy a apex elite and a light from reef radiance but here is the catch, i want the lights to be totally controllable from the apex and dimmable? how do i do this?

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i havent made a purchase yet but i would like to buy a apex elite and a light from reef radiance but here is the catch, i want the lights to be totally controllable from the apex and dimmable? how do i do this?

Reef Radiance doesn't yet have a light that is Apex controllable but Rick has been working on one, give him a shout here [email protected] and tell him what you're looking for, he may be able to give you some insight as to when he will have those available

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could u not take the dimmer knobs out and hook the wires to the apex somehow?

not that I'm aware of but I really don't know how they have the dimmer control knob designed, if it is a 10 volt system, there may be a way to do it but it's gonna require rewiring or possible changing the drivers

I did see some talk on reef central of a guy trying to rewire a manual control evergrow fixture but I didn't follow the thread so I don't know if he did it or not

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 email rick. He is great. And if it's not top secret let us know. I'm looking for the same thing

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand it, and I'm no expert when it comes to electronics, it's not the dimmer that is the issue. If it were, any fixture that is dimmable could be Apex compatible. I think it's an issue with the driver not being compatible with the Apex (or any other reef controller). You might ask OceanRevive about it as well. I was told they have an inexpensive reef controller compatible fixture in the works. I have 3 of their basic fixtures and they have been great... they also look better than the rest of the 'Chinese brick' fixtures everybody is selling... well, in my opinion anyway! :wink:

Back