Controlling Vectra L2 with Hydros WaveEngine V2 ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjocus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tjocus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Kent Island
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to go all in on Hydros to consolidate the controls on my 400 gallon upgrade. I have a new Ecotech Vectra L2, its a great pump, but not being able to control it or check it unless I'm within bluetooth range SUCKS. Question is can the WaveEngine V2 control the Vectra wireless? In other words, can the WE V2 communicate with the Ecotech Vectra controller and then I use Hydros app to control from anywhere instead of having to be at my tank and use mobius?
 
I didn't see vectra listed on their compatibility chart.
https://www.coralvuehydros.com/is-my-pump-compatible/
1724073976215.png
 
I’m in the same boat. I would prefer to go with hydros, but since I have chosen ecotech vectra and vortech as my pumps, I’m kind of SOL. While hydros is somewhat compatible with the vortech MP’s, you have to be careful what firmware you use. I think if you’ve upgraded and have used mobius, it will no longer be compatible with the hydros devices.

https://www.coralvuehydros.com/product-support/hydros-waveengine/ecotech-marine-vortechs/

Supposedly this is all a choice that ecotech has decided to be locked into mobius and Apex compatibility. It’s a real shame if you ask me.

So many things that hydros is doing with their kraken power options and their upcoming maven looks to be the aquarium tester we’ve been waiting for, they seem to be on the right track with aquarium control.

Only time will tell if the Maven is the game changer it’s been predicted it to be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new