Conversations Tab Filled Up with Promotions ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one who finds this annoying? Annoying to the point that I no longer bother to even check when I have new 'conversations'. I apologize to any reefer who may have asked me a particular question outside a thread and I did not answer.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one who finds this annoying? Annoying to the point that I no longer bother to even check when I have new 'conversations'. I apologize to any reefer who may have asked me a particular question outside a thread and I did not answer.
opt out of them

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There should be an opt out feature. This can be placed on the side boards of the forum or a pop up when visiting. Not my forum, not my rules. But I agree with you 100%.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it was segregated into 2 sections. Give me a promo tab and an inbox tab. I actually appreciate some of the promo conversations. There just needs to be a way to easily toggle them so that the conversation function is easier to use and keep up with

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the bottom of the messages
Screenshot_20240326_130153_com.android.chrome.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes please opt out and sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you. We’re looking to segment into more categories soon so you can pick and choose what you want or don’t want to see.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please opt out and sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you. We’re looking to segment into more categories soon so you can pick and choose what you want or don’t want to see.

No need to apologize as the lad above was able to point us in the direction. Just a note though but this is usually under account preferences on other sites. So a bit counter intuitive. At least for me. Joining a group to suppress seems, well, odd.

Hope your day is going well.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be wonderful, notifications make me grumpy, somewhat like a hungry Yeti, Sasquatch, Yowie, Mapingauri, Yeren or per @Fish Styx - A BeanAnimal... or whatever you and your's call them....

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that would be nice. Since I never click on the 'spam', I did not realize there was an opt out feature (I'm 63 and proud to say I am NOT a digital native). Is there a secret virtual handshake I should know :)?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know it now! :p

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back